Hi everyone! Let’s focus on organizing some more of our keepsakes. Specifically, I’d like to take a look at what to do with your old photographs. Can you even remember photographs BEFORE digital cameras? Remember negatives, Photo-Hut and waiting a week to see your pictures developed? Where are your old photos? If they are hidden into a million little boxes and old photo sleeves, then I want your undivided attention.
You need to ask yourself a few questions before deciding how to organize your photos.
- Do you look at the photos often, or do they just stay tucked away?
- Who are you saving them for? Children? Siblings? Your 90’s?
- What is your system for saving digital photos?
- What would you do with your old photos if you had easy access?
I went through the process of organizing my old photos last year. I digitized photos going back to my great grandparents. I answered the questions above before beginning the project and I’ll share my answers with you;
- I didn’t look at the old photos because it was too difficult to drag them out.
- I am saving my photos for my children as well as my niece and nephew.
- I actually have a great system for saving photos – archived by year, month, or occasion and backed up in two places.
- Think of the wonderful gifts – digital photo frames, collages, memory books all at the click of mouse AND I would show them frequently to my girls.
Now what do we do with all this information? Stay tuned…